|Singapore is a working nation and so everyone is busy and
finding time to do cleaning in your home is not always easy.
Working will leave you with no time to clean at all. You
will opt to spend any time you have away from work with
leisure activities, with your family or entertaining your
guests at home. Nobody wants to welcome guests in a dirty
disorganized house. So a clean home is necessary all the
times for hygiene purposes. There are things you cannot do
yourself and so hiring a part time cleaner will take that
stress off your mind.
Weekend cleaners in Singapore are not so hard to find. But
you want to be careful who you let into your house. In case
you will be away as your hired help scrubs and dusts your
home, then you need to ensure you have peace of mind by
hiring a cleaner you can trust. Most people will get
cleaners through recommendations from people they know -
friends, workmates, and family. Other times, it is enough to
get a reputable cleaning company to send over their team.
The good thing about the latter way of getting a weekend
cleaner is that, you will get professional services and top
quality service that is reliable and trustworthy.
Consider the following before you hire a part time cleaner
- What is it that needs to be done when it comes to your
home cleanliness, that which you cannot handle yourself.
Decide whether it is worthy hiring a cleaner at your home.
The answer is definitely yes, there are a lot of things to
be done and you need the help.
- How frequently do you want your house to be cleaned
depending on how fast it gets dirty, if you have children
you might need it to be cleaned more often.
- How long will you want the cleaner to stay in your house?
This will be determined by how big your house is and
probably how dirty it is and how much cleaning it needs.
Have a time schedule on what time the cleaning will be done.
- Will you be home during the cleaning? It is tricky to
decide whether you need to be home during the cleaning
process or just leave the cleaner to perform their tasks. If
you have a cleaner from a service company, they are trained
on what they have to do as part of their work while you will
need to give instructions to your individual cleaner.
- If you have a weekend cleaner from a service company, you
need to know what their work involves, since tasks like
laundry, dishes and others may not be part of their work to
- You will need to find out about the conduct of your
cleaner. Service companies do a check on criminal
background of their employees so you do not need to worry
- How does the service company ensure that their employee is
efficient? Do they have a trained crew leader to always
inspect the work done by their employees?
- Find out whether the employees are insured in case of
accidents or loss of property.
- Using a service company will ensure you have someone
always to do your work since they can always replace their
employees as opposed to when you decide to deal with an
- Is the person you are dealing with trustworthy? This is
not easy to answer but building trust in people you are
dealing with will help you relax and give them space to do
their work well.
- Consider your finances. Hiring a part time cleaner is not
an expensive undertaking and it's not for the wealthy as
many people would take it!
- Going for an individual cleaner will attract taxes. Using
a service company will not give you such expenses.
Basic tasks your part time cleaner will perform.
There are specific areas in your house which your part time
cleaner should concentrate on. Let's take a look:
- In the kitchen; kitchen surfaces should be wiped and
whatever is placed on them arranged well, kitchen sink
thoroughly cleaned. They will also mop the floor. It might
not be the cleaner's task to do the dishes, cleaning your
oven, the loading or offloading the dishwasher and cleaning
the fridge. So you may have to attend to them.
- Living room; dusting of surfaces will be necessary from
time to time. Vacuum cleaning your carpet or the floor and
also mopping it. Remember to have your furniture moved from
time to time to clean unreachable parts of the floor.
- Bathroom; your bathroom will require careful cleaning
especially if it's used by everyone in the family. Bath tubs
and showers accumulate a lot of dirt so if it's going to
wait to be cleaned by your weekend cleaner insist on close
attention. Soap areas should also be attended to. Toilets
also need to be cleaned well with good cleaning agents to
kill germs. Your cleaner will also mop the floor.
- Bedroom; ensure that your clothes are always folded and
kept in good order to keep your bedroom tidy. Your cleaner
will dust any surfaces and clean the floor.
To ensure that your home is clean, always check on the
following areas and maybe negotiate with your part timer
cleaner to have them done or else do them yourself if you
- Removing cobwebs and dusting the ceiling.
- Behind and inside appliances like the microwave,
refrigerator, oven, dish washer, drier, and the cooker.
- Kitchen walls get a lot of grease. Have them cleaned from
time to time.
- Top of cabinets accumulate dust over time.
- Behind the toilet.
- Glass surfaces, windows and doors.
- Laundry and ironing is in most cases not a task for your
part time cleaner, you can find out under what terms you can
have it done
- Communicate on all your feelings.
When hiring a part time cleaner do the following:
- If you are not satisfied with the service make it known to
the cleaner or the employer.
- Give appreciation to good services not just complaining
about what is not well done.
- Keep all your drawers locked and personal things out of
- If you are satisfied by the service offered by a
particular cleaner consider having them to do cleaning for
you for consistency.
Having a part time cleaner may not relieve you the entire
house hold chores, but it will ensure most of your cleaning
work is done. You will have time to relax during your
weekends and also concentrating on other areas of your life.
It is not a luxury as many may think, it does not mean you a
lazy. You just need that service so just go for it.